Virat Kohli – The name has been all over the place now. Not only in the world of cricket, he has also become super popular in the fitness industry, advertising, Bollywood and even globally. Girls go crazy for him & guys think of Virat as their style icon.
CEO & Trends brings to you, 15 things about Virat Kohli that you might not be knowing:
1) Virat’s nickname is ‘Cheeku’. When he used to play for the Delhi Ranji Team, his former coach, Ajit Chaudhary, called him by this name.
2) In 2006, Virat Kohli was amidst a Ranji trophy match against Karnataka when his father passed away. But he still went on and completed his batting on the next day with a huge 90 runs! Respect for his dedication!
3) He captained the India Under-19 team to the U-19 World Cup in 2008. He also made his ODI debut in 2008 and was part of the 2011 World Cup winning team.
4) Playing against Bangladesh in the 2011 World Cup opener, Virat Kohli became the first and only Indian to score a century on World Cup debut. In 2012, he was given the title of ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year. He was just 23 then!
5) In 146 ODIs, he has 6208 runs and 21 centuries. And the highest score of 183. Also, he has scored the fastest century by an Indian in ODIs, against Australia in just 52 balls in 2013.
6) SportsPro, one of India’s leading sports media, has given him the spot of ’13th most marketable sportsperson in the world’. Well, this is a list which includes Cristiano Ronaldo, Usain Bolt and other legends.
7) In 2012, he was named one of the 10 Best Dressed International Men in a list. This list had other names as well, which included Michael Fassbender, Ryan Gosling, Ratan Tata, US President Barrack Obama and many more famous personalities.
8) In 2013, he was honoured with prestigious Arjuna Award for his extraordinary performance in the sports industry by Mr. Pranab Mukherjee, who was the President of India at that time.
9) Virat Kohli has also received the prestigious Padmashree Award in 2017.
10) Virat Kohli is very keen on his fitness. He works out for 3-4 hours every day and loves to keep himself fit. Being the Indian Cricket Team captain, he has to stay in the best possible form and so he works hard on his health. One will never see Virat eating junk food.
11) However, there is one food which Virat can never refuse, one food which certainly makes his mouth water. Its mutton biryani and kheer, especially when it’s made by his mother!
12) Virat Kohli is so health-conscious that he doesn’t even drink normal packaged or boiled water. He imports cartons of Evian water from France and keeps a bottle or two in hand, wherever he goes. Evian water is known for his high mineral content and is considered as extremely healthy for your body. The only thing you might need to know is that 1-liter bottle of Evian water costs somewhere around INR 600 TO INR 700!
13) Virat Kohli has a craze for cool tattoos. He has got 8 tattoos on him, which includes a golden dragon & a samurai warrior on his hand, which he believes to bring him good luck. Also being a devotee of Lord Shiva, he has a tattoo of the deity on his arm and also his sun sign Scorpio tattooed on his right bicep.
14) He loves to play lawn tennis when he has some free time, loves listening to songs when he is free, especially Punjabi music. Also, favourite subjects include English and History.
15) Virat Kohli’s first crush was the Bollywood actress Karishma Kapoor. However, he married Anushka Sharma in December 2017 and the duo is living a happy life.
For such interesting content and latest updates about the business world and entertainment industry, make sure to subscribe to our page!